So…lots of questions, misunderstandings…frustration sometimes about your interaction with customer support. So I decided to help you out a little bit with some advice on how to make it more efficient and avoid problems or emailing back and forth for days.
First of all, I’m guessing you are contacting customer support because you are experiencing a problem. No matter what problem you are experiencing give AS MANY DETAILS as you possibly can. Also make it simple. Don’t forget you might be the 1000th person to send an email that day. If you email is a long long long one, it makes it harder to see what is your overall issue so try to make it more readable, use bullet points…simple facts.
If you have some streaming issues or any technical problem don’t forget to add:
- Your Operating System (OS) version: is it a pc, a mac, what version….
- Your browser and browser version: is it Internet Explorer, Firefox, what version….
- Do an internet speed test (http://www.speedtest.net) and give your download AND upload speed
- Are you hardwired or wireless?
- If you are streaming in HD with the encoder and which version or if you use a different setting
- If you are using the encoder, send a screenshot of your settings so they are sure you are using the proper ones. If you don’t know how to take a screenshot with your computer, go to http://www.howtotakeascreenshot.org/
- If your issue happens at a certain time, give the time or a time range…with your timezone of course…that might help
Let’s try an example of formatted email to support:
Object: Streaming issue
OS: Windows 7
Browser: Chrome Version 21.0.1180.57
Internet Speed: Download:12.59Mbps Upload: 1.87Mbps
Streaming: FMLE 3.2
Issue: I keep getting disconnected when lots of members enter my rooms. It happens randomly.
Voila. That’s just an example but it goes straight to the point and it’s easy to read. There shouldn’t be any emailing back and forth if you give all details you can.